Teacher Learning Objectives
- Participants will gain a hands-on experience with Minecraft. Participants learn how to use Minecraft worlds, controls, and settings to create an optimal setting for teaching students.
- Learn to launch and log in, understand the settings
- Play the game: move around, place and destroy blocks
Student Learning Objectives
- Understand how to survive on Mars and what dangers one would face.
- Understand how to create a sustainable colony on Mars.
- Learn to work collaboratively with 5-6 students to complete a variety of tasks.
- Use critical thinking to decide how to allocate limited resources to build a colony capable of responding to potential challenges and setbacks.
Please ensure to have Minecraft Education Edition Downloaded on your device:
Download Minecraft Education Edition here: https://education.minecraft.net/get-started/download
Minecraft Learn to Play: Placing First Blocks: https://education.microsoft.com/en-us/course/802465e1/overview
How do I get started learning to use and understand Minecraft: Education Edition?