In this course, participants are introduced to the basics of Minecraft: Education Edition and start exploring the in-game features to understand and experience game settings, movement, placing and breaking blocks prior to using Minecraft: Education Edition with their students.
Please ensure to have Minecraft Education Edition Downloaded on your device:
Download Minecraft Education Edition here: https://education.minecraft.net/get-started/download
Minecraft Learn to Play: Placing First Blocks: https://education.microsoft.com/en-us/course/802465e1/overview
How do I get started learning to use and understand Minecraft: Education Edition?
Online Hands-On Workshop
- Introduction of Logics Academy
- Introduction of Minecraft Education Edition – Why Use Minecraft?
- Placing Your First Blocks: Learn Minecraft controls, settings, and complete a tutorial to gain fluency with the game.
- Minecraft Education Resources
- Questions & Wrap Up: Survey
Overview / Learning Objectives
- Participants will gain a hands-on experience with Minecraft. Participants learn how to use Minecraft worlds, controls, and settings to create an optimal setting for teaching students.
- Learn to launch and log in, understand the settings
- Play the game: move around, place and destroy blocks
- Complete individual build challenge