In this course, participants are introduced to the process of building a structure for using Minecraft: Education Edition within their learning environments and with their students.
How do I start applying Minecraft: Education Edition into my learning environment?
- Participants will explore the best practices in applying Minecraft: Education Edition to their learning environment.
- Participants will learn what is involved in pre-planning with IT departments for successful implementation.
- Participants will learn how to set up student access for a smooth launch with Minecraft: Education Edition in the classroom.
- Participants will learn and implement their first lesson, Creative Exploration with Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Participants will learn and implement their second lesson, Digital Citizenship with Minecraft: Education Edition.
- Participants will successfully complete the Quiz at the conclusion of the course.
In order to gain the skills necessary to learn Minecraft: Education Edition, it is recommended that you log in to Minecraft: Education Edition on your own device. Use the following videos, PDF of the written steps and the tutorial worlds to guide you as you work within the Minecraft: Education Edition platform on your device.
During the next few learning opportunities, it is recommended that you will use the World “Blocks of Grass” on your device, to help you learn how to move, place, break and build.
Learn: This section will discuss what the next step of learning is about and the why. There may be a reflection section that will have you pause to think about a particular question as it relates to your learning.
Watch and Do: Use the videos as a tool for learning to follow along with the presenter on your device.
Read and Do: Use the PDF document and follow along with the steps on your device.
Reflect: Activate and deepen your understanding of the learning presented within the course.